Designed for use with blister packaging formats, the Med-ic ECM® captures medication adherence data one unit dose at a time, in real time. Additionally, it is capable of on-board thermal sensing and tracking for temperature sensitive medications such as MABs.
Med-ic ECM is available in a variety of child resistant packaging including Keystone’s Ecoslide, The F1-rated KEY-PAK, as well as Westrock’s Dosepak and Cerepak formats. It is also well suited to Specialty Pharmacy use for dosette and calendar packs.
Med-ic is the only NFC Forum Certified smart blister package to work with current and future NFC mobile devices.
Features & Benefits
- Records adherence; Improves adherence
- Android (Google Wallet) and iOS (Apple Pay) compatible
- NFC Forum Certified
- Validated event accuracy of better than 99.6%
- Does not impact patient usage of medication
- Tamper evident
- Fits Smart calendar blister packs
- Real world 3-sigma accuracy
- Unit-of-use traceability
- Serialization and FDA DSCSA
- Over a million sold
- Clinical trials using blister packaged medication (phases 2, 3, 4)
- Commercial products where adherence and/or temperature are critical
- Chronic disease management
- Brand retention through patent extension
- Populations at high risk for non-adherence (elderly, psychiatric etc.)